Home Depot is expected to report first-quarter earnings Thursday after the company reported better-than-expected earnings in its most recent quarter.
The stock rose 4% in after-hours trading to close at $17.10 a share, a gain of $6.37, or 3.6%.
Home Depot’s stock has been trending higher since the start of the year and has a market cap of $2.2 billion.
Home Depot stock has rallied from a year ago and the company has a long-term cash position of $9.6 billion, according to FactSet data.
The company reported an operating loss of $5.4 billion, or 7.2%, and a net loss of more than $4.9 billion, net of income taxes.
It said its quarterly net loss for the quarter would be $3.4 million.
Home Depots stock is up 21% this year, according the FactSet, and up 24% year-to-date.
- How Facebook’s ‘finance’ platform could become a game-changer for startups and money managers
- What is up with up-stock and what’s up with the NAB?
- What you need to know about the new kitten boom
- United Airlines stock prices up 0.1% after new jet delays
- Bitcoin crash, stock market turmoil: How the ‘Gut Feeling’ Affects the Stock Market