What to expect at Costco’s new US store
Walmart’s US store will be the first Costco store to open in the state of Texas, the company announced today.
The opening comes as Walmart plans to open a new $25 million store in the Austin suburb of Austin, as well as two new Costco stores in New Jersey and Ohio.
The Austin store will open in late 2018, and the New Jersey store in 2020.
The Ohio store will start opening in 2021, and two more Costco stores will open later in the year in Indiana and Minnesota.
The new stores will have an average price tag of $2,800 per square foot, compared to $1,700 for a Walmart store in Texas, according to the company.
Costco’s US headquarters are in Austin, and its retail operations are scattered throughout the country.
- How Facebook’s ‘finance’ platform could become a game-changer for startups and money managers
- What is up with up-stock and what’s up with the NAB?
- What you need to know about the new kitten boom
- United Airlines stock prices up 0.1% after new jet delays
- Bitcoin crash, stock market turmoil: How the ‘Gut Feeling’ Affects the Stock Market