Why do some people think Fayetteville is so bad?
Fayettevillians were disappointed in the Fayette County Commissioners meeting on Tuesday night, and not only that, but a couple of their own candidates won’t be running for the county seat in November.
The Fayettefield News & Sun reported that two of the candidates in the race to fill the county commissioner seat have withdrawn from the race.
One candidate withdrew her candidacy, but another one, former Fayetteland Mayor Dave Bowers, is running again.
Both candidates in this race, Bowers and former F&S owner Mike McEachern, withdrew their candidacies.
Fayetteville City Manager David J. Brown said the candidates withdrew because they were not comfortable with the way the election was conducted and were not willing to engage in an open debate with the media.
“I have heard a lot of comments that we should be more inclusive of the citizens of Fayette,” Brown said.
“The people of F&&S want a more diverse, open, open and fair election.”
The election will be held November 8th and the results will be announced on November 12th.
- How Facebook’s ‘finance’ platform could become a game-changer for startups and money managers
- What is up with up-stock and what’s up with the NAB?
- What you need to know about the new kitten boom
- United Airlines stock prices up 0.1% after new jet delays
- Bitcoin crash, stock market turmoil: How the ‘Gut Feeling’ Affects the Stock Market