AMD Stock Price: $18.75 per share
AMD’s stock price is currently $18 and is up $2.75 from a week ago.
That’s not a bad price for a company that has had its stock plummeting over the last few weeks.
While AMD is the leader in chipsets, the company’s market cap has dropped to $4.5 billion, down from $8.2 billion last week.
That puts it on track for a record $2 billion loss in the third quarter of 2016, and the company could be in for another quarter of decline in the second half of 2017.
AMD stock has seen a drop in the past few months, with its price dropping from $30 a share to $16 in just over two weeks.
The stock has since recovered slightly to $15.50, and its price has bounced back to around $18, according to FactSet.AMD is expected to report its earnings for the quarter ending March 31, but a few factors could prevent the company from doing so.
First, it’s unclear if AMD’s business will continue to grow in the coming years, as its CPU market share is expected for the next few years.
AMD is expected make a profit in the quarter that it does not report, and that could slow down AMD’s profit growth.
It also remains to be seen if AMD will continue adding chipsets to its lineup.
It’s hard to predict the future of AMD’s semiconductor business without knowing what it’s going to be up to in the future.
- How Facebook’s ‘finance’ platform could become a game-changer for startups and money managers
- What is up with up-stock and what’s up with the NAB?
- What you need to know about the new kitten boom
- United Airlines stock prices up 0.1% after new jet delays
- Bitcoin crash, stock market turmoil: How the ‘Gut Feeling’ Affects the Stock Market